Saturday, January 26, 2008

where do you imagine yourself in 10 years...

the dreaded question, right? 


today I was reading an old friend's blog and he and his wife just had a baby. here I am looking at this picture of my dearest friend since 5th grade holding his own little baby girl and it hit me that he had really grown up. Not only has he already been married for a couple years but now he has a child and here I am still the same old me. wow. 

this made me think about my life. although many of my friends are already looking forward to marriage and thinking about taking this next step in life I still feel that I have so much more to do with my life. there are so many places that I would like to live and so many things that I would like to do and it would be too hard to really plan someone else into that. for instance, I want to live in alaska sometime in my life but it would be very hard for me and a husband to both find work in a small town in alaska, right?

I am in no way opposed to marriage, in fact I believe that the right guy will just fit into your life. I promised myself that I didnt want to marry anyone but my best friend in life. this way when we are old and have nothing but each other, it will still be enough. 

there is a woman, a very powerful woman that I recently met here in dc and she must be in her mid 30's and she is still dating. they were still dating at that age in sex and the city so I think it wouldnt be some terrible situation if I was still dating into my 30's.

in fact, that is how i see myself in 10 years. the crazy fun aunt to all of my friends children. a woman who is strong and single. a lady who has enough male companions in her life to keep her from buying a cat. and someone who is very powerful and confident and checking of my list of lifelong "to-do" list. 

0 comments: