Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Story of Stuff



This is really cool (a little bias) but you get the point that we need to change the way we think and the way we act about stuff.

What a perfect video for me to watch. I have been thinking about the money that I spend all the time and how wasteful I am. I really want to travel and I am thinking of ways to save up my money and not spend it on silly crap all the time.

Let's look at my weekend spending (and this was a cheap weekend!)

Friday night -
I buy drinks (I don't even drink!) for my friends and leave a tip for the bartender $16
I also buy an appetizer that I didn't care for and only ate a little and with tip $12

Saturday -
I bought hair spray and water at CVS $7
I bought some fig newtons at YES! organic market $4

Saturday night - I inly drank water at the bar $0

Sunday -
Well I am still in bed and havent had a chance to consume/purchase anything.

This shows you that I spent almost $30 on crap I didn't even use/like! What the heck!!! Thus why I have chosen to quit spending money on crap. I want to save like there is no tomorrow so that I can pick up and travel when the time comes. I have also thought about selling my car and minimizing my debt so that my traveling will be more carefree. :)


0 comments: