Friday, September 26, 2008

To Do: Get Lucky


image from here.

As you may remember (here or here) I have really bad luck with guys.

***Correction... I do have really good luck with guys... taken ones. Urgh.

I can meet some amazing guys - handsome, nice, interested, funny, really good looking, - but then I get to look down and see a little gold band looking right back at me.

Its really becoming a joke.

Last night I was talking with my latest crush and then he dropped a bomb on me...

"Yeah - I better head out. My girlfriend is making dinner for me."
BAM!!!

Bomb dropped.

But This One kept her cool. And recovered without a problem. In fact my friends who watched the bomb dropped on me (and her jaw dropped at the same time) said I handled it flawlessly.

TYVM.

Then today, I was walking around work and saw this gorgeous man that I have been casually talking to since last Christmas - so I stopped to chat with him.

He was totally flirty and engaged in the conversation. He kept looking at me and smiling and things were great. Then I looked down. At his left hand.

There it was. My archenemy. The Little Gold Band.

What the heck!

Why can't I catch a break?

Two bombs in two days! Damn.

1 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

oh, you poor thing!! i totally hear you...and i will be rooting for you! :)