Monday, February 2, 2009

To Do: Put Up A Damn Fight



Okay, I love this book (and now this one too) because I have always hated how women act around men and in relationships. 

I have been me for 24 years. Who says that just because some guy comes along he should be able to change that. I try and make sure that that doesn't happen to me. 

How low are we setting the bar ladies? I feel that guys don't even have to work for it anymore. 

No problems in my love life - but here is the story. I am "dating" a really great guy. All of my girlfriends hear stories about him and the cute things that he does and they all love him and think that their guys should try and treat them a little better too. 

So I tell The Boy about this and you know what he says? He is shocked. He says that he really hasn't done anything. He says that I don't even know of the cute things he is capable of doing. 

I stopped and thought about it for a minute. He was right. He hasn't really done anything that special. No grand gestures. No uber-romantic moments. He just calls me when he says he will, treats me like an equal and we laugh a lot when we are together.

So, is the standard so low for guys that they can just be humane then we think they are amazing? Urgh. I hope not. 



***Needless to say, I am going to go see The Movie when it comes out on Friday!!

0 comments: