Sunday, February 15, 2009

To Do: Tears


Tears, originally uploaded by Comme l'amour ♥.

Something broke my heart today.

I was waiting to meet a friend down in southeast DC (not a good neighborhood) and I see this older black gentleman in a wheelchair with only one leg. He had a large briefcase or folder on his lap that he had to hold with one hand and he was trying to push his wheelchair with the other hand. I could see that he was struggling.

I watched from a distance for a minute. Just imagining myself in a similar situation and how I would just feel lost in the middle of no where with no hope in sight.

As the man got closer to me, I could see that he had tears running down his cheeks.

My heart literally broke.

I jumped out of my car (leaving my keys in the car while it was still running) and rushed to his aide.

This man will always have a place in my heart. Every time I think about him. I just pray.

1 comments:

JD and Willow said...

You are so sweet and thoughtful. I bet you'll hold a special place in his heart as well. That special girl who stopped to help me.