Wednesday, March 11, 2009

To Do: Quote

I may rename my blog "Confessions of a Jobless Workaholic" since that is how I have been feeling recently. 


Still no news. Just a lot of irons in the fire. 

Oh well. 

Anyhow, I fell pretty far down in the dumps last Monday. I was sick, got back news on a job and took it all out on The Dude. 

Then I turned it all around and had a really great week. 

I haven't stopped since then. In fact, I was starting t get annoyed with how busy I have been and I wanted some time to catch up on things. 

I had nothing to do today until... well... 6pm {45mins from now}

I woke up, made breakfast, started watching a show on tv and then started to get down in the dumps again. 

I emotionally smacked myself. Here I have been looking forward to having nothing to do today all week and now that it comes I get down about it. What? 

So I turned OFF the TV {aka The Root Of All Evil}. 

Then I turned on some tunes and decided that I was going to get everything on my To Do List done today! And I pretty much did!!

----

I also threw on some tan snake skin heels, dark jeans, a plain white cotton deep v-neck t-shirt, my long cream-colored trench coat, some bangles and some blush and headed out the door to run errands. 

{i normally wear black athletic pants to run errands}

It turned around my whole day. I looked like a million bucks and I felt so much better. 

It made me think of one fab lady. 

“I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”
Coco Chanel


1 comments:

Jackie said...

Your outfit sounds like pure perfection! Glad you got all gussied up. You have inspired me to do the same, as I am usually in the same jeans, tshirt & flip flops that I wear all day every day when i run out to do errands.