Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cinco de Mayo


The Pinata-The Boy, Michoacan, originally uploaded by zocalo2010.

(shhh... I know I am posting this on May 6th, give me a break please.)

I love Cinco de Mayo. It may be one of my favorite holidays. Well, right after the 4th of July. That's my favorite holiday!

Anyhow, I am from Arizona, right. And Cinco de Mayo is a huge deal out there!! (Not so much here in DC, btw.)

I should have thrown a grand party at my place with a pinata and all. I love pinatas. I used to get authentic ones for my birthday every year in South Phoenix.

But, I didn't throw a party. Not at all.

I started my sober night at an Irish bar. Lame. I know.

Then, (and I don't know how) I met up with like 12 Marines that I know and went bar hopping with them in Georgetown.

(Note to self: Marines like to drink. You don't drink. Marines like to fight. You feel uncomfortable/responsible when people fight. Not a great mix!!)

Ohh, I just love Cinco though.



My favorite Cinco de Mayo was spent at Garduno's in Chandler, AZ with two great friends drinking margaritas and chips and salsa all afternoon. Mmmm, a virgin coconut margarita with honey and toasted coconut around the rim. Mmmm.


***Check out this party idea from You Are My Fave.

0 comments: