Sunday, May 10, 2009

To Do: Become a Professional Volunteer

Hello there. 

I volunteer here about once a week...

This is what I do...

This is why I do it...


But that isn't the point of this post. 

Here is the point. 

I HATE THIS ONE LADY!!! There is this mean, young, ugly, Air Force gal that I hate and she torments me every time I volunteer there!!! And she is always there. We shall call her Pat. 

Incident 1: We brought my friend Dustin. He told Pat that my friend, Little Z and I volunteer because we were looking for military husbands. And that we no longer have jobs since 01/20/09. Later that day she comes up to Little Z and without saying hello says, "I hear you are a barracks brat." 

Incident 2: Days later, we are volunteering again making special clothing care packages for wounded soldiers. It was a fancier event so Little Z and I wore nicer outfits than our usual jeans or sweats. She comes up to us and says "Wow, I almost didn't recognize you girls without your jammies on."

Incident 3: We manage to avoid her for most of the night. We did make a friend who is a young, nice guy who is stationed at Bolling AFB right near us. We are just chatting with him as we are checking out and leaving. Then it happens. She appears. She walks up next to us and says while looking at this other guys she is friends with, "Oh look, its my favorite two White House girls. Do you all have jobs yet?" Then she looks at our new friend "You a Marine too?" He says no and that he is in the Air Force. Her reply: "Wow, you are too young and strong to be in the Air Force." 

Urgh. I just hate this lady. I just do. Urgh!!




Come out and help!

Here is where Ill be this week:
Andrews Airforce Base - Air Show
May 13th - 9-1pm
May 14th - 7-1pm
May 15th - 8-1pm
May 16th - 1-5pm

Marine Corps Half Marathon in Fredricksburg
May 17th - 3am

Quantico - Camp Upshr
May 18th - 4-10pm
May 19th - 2-10pm

0 comments: