Wednesday, January 9, 2008

check...

there is nothing more rewarding that checking something off a "to do" list.


my "to do" list today:
email some people I met over at a holiday open house - check
email a friend about his current job search - check
email a friend about volunteering for a certain campaign - check
finish loan paperwork - check
write thank you notes - check
send post card to an old friend - check
help one of my old interns with her resume - check

they say that instead of making a list with nearly impossible items, try making some easily attainable goals. this way you wont be discouraged.

I have been trying to do this lately and also trying to quit procrastinating on easy goals. I have been meaning to write a friend and send out some holiday thank you notes for two weeks now. do you know how long it took me to check these off the list? like two minutes and I felt so much better after I got it all done.

I have found that it even works for me around the house. instead of putting off the dishes... I do them and I feel so much better.

ahhhhhh. the sigh of relief.

tomorrow:
go to the bank to work on refinancing my car
get new posters for my office

0 comments: