Wednesday, July 23, 2008

To Do: Lose a Guy

So a while back the BFF and I watched "How to Lose a Guy in 10 days." a true classic. and it made me think about all of the stupid things we girls do.

in combination of my extensive research on this subject, this movie, "he's just not that into you," and "why men love bitches," I have decided to blog about this topic. I have always been able to relate a little better to guys that I have with girls. I often find myself listening to my girl friends' relationship stories and I am normally able to relate more with her boyfriend than anything else.

- do not become best friends with his mother. growing up I was always friends with the guys and they were always the cute, athletic, popular guys. i have watched many girls fall into the idea that if you become best friends with his mother it will make him fall in love with you more. the truth is, we normally become such good friends with his mother that we start to gang up on him and the last thing that a guy needs is two nagging women in his life. he most likely does want you to get along with his mother but you are dating him... not his mother. remember this.

- you had a life before you met him, keep your life after. I was recently talking with one of my favorite guys. one that provides me a lot of insight into the mind of a guy. he was talking about how ever since he started dating a new girl he feels that she wants to hang out with him all the time. he wondered what she ever did before she met him because it seems that he has become the center of her life. the reason why guys like "bitches" is because they are confident. they are going to say, "hey, I am going out with the girls this weekend. Ill talk to you monday" and just leave it at that. if you meet a guy and you like him, great, but keep on trucking with your life and let him fall into it.

- dont fall into all the "rules of contacting him." treat him like any other person in your life. if he calls you, call him back. if you missed a call from one of your friends, you'd call her back. also, you dont wait around for your best friend to call you all the time, I am sure that you call her sometimes... so call him sometimes. the key to this is to call him sometimes. not all the time. not never. sometimes. dont be a freak about emailing/texting/calling him. treat him like any other person in your life and use your best judgement. the best rule here is to once again be confident and continue on with your life and let him fall into it.

- dont lose yourself in a relationship. if a guy doesnt call you that doesnt mean that you are worthless and it doesnt mean that he is an asshole. just continue on with your life like you did before you met him.

- dont put a label on it. people think that when they label their relationship a "relationship" things will become crazy. dont let it. dont label it. continue being friends who love to hang out and are committed to each other.

- dont pick a fight. so many times I see girls try to pick fights to make their guys pay more attention to them. and I have seen guys do jerky things to have their girlfriends pick a fight with them. this is called a bad relationship and you should leave it asap!

overall, I would say that you need to continue being your badd self and let a relationship happen. a guy should fit into your life perfectly if it is meant to be.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog, Holly. It kind of reminds me of Ryan and I when we first started dating. It does all fall into place - I still hung out with my friends and he did the same. Slowly, but surely, we started seeing less of our friends and more of each other. And TADA! Now we have been married for over 2 years and have a beautiful baby girl.
However, we do still nag and bitch and fight with each other, but you know what, that's a relationship. I truly believe that a relationship is bad only when you can't work through things and both grow up.
I love you Holly - you were my favorite girl friend of Ryan's... actually, to be honest, the only girl friend I liked. You're a super fun individual and Ryan has some good memories of you two. Hope to see you soon. We miss you.