Saturday, February 2, 2008

To Do: Join The Peace Corps

This something that my mother always wanted me to do and something that I always wrote off until recently. I went to a meeting and the guest speaker that day was the the Director Ronald Tschetter.

He kinda explained that the Peace Corps is no longer an organization for tree-huggers, (a- these were my words not his and b- not like there is anything wrong with being a tree-hugger) but how the organization has gained many faith based members.
I really want to travel the world and I feel like I keep putting it off. If I am luck and McCain wins the general election I may try and work one year in the WH and then take off for the Peace Corps.
I was looking at the map and I think that I would like to work somewhere in Africa. They are in major need of some assistance and it is a little closer to my dad who lives in Australia. Lets just see how it all plays out. :)

Places that I am thinking about going:
Lesotho
South Africa
Madagascar
Ghana
Swaziland
Pacific Island
Morocco

I have put my focus on going somewhere in Africa because it is closer to my dad!!

0 comments: