Sunday, November 23, 2008

To Do: Iraq


I want to go to Iraq. I want to do this more than anything else I have ever wanted in my life.

I have supported our efforts in Iraq since we first went in. I truly believe that what we are doing there is good and that we can't leave until we are finished. I believe that we need to make sure that the country is stable before we make any changes.

and I want to help.

I feel obligated to go - to see the good, the bad and the ugly. War is not pretty. I know that. But I feel this is something that I need to do.

I am looking at a couple different routes to get over there. Either as support for our troops or with the reconstruction team.

I figure that I am young, single and have no commitments right now. I feel that the timing is perfect for me and that I just need to do it.

I dont think that I am invincible. I have seen what can happen to people over there. But I have a lot of faith in the Lord and I believe that my day is my day. I will die on the same day whether I am in Iraq or driving to a desk job that I hate - my day is my day.

I just want to jump out there and do something completely out of the norm for me.

I want to give up my heels for a bit and get my hands dirty...

1 comments:

The McLaws Family said...

Good for you! I stand behind our troops 100% too! That would be a very touching experience that you'll will never forget! I have a cousin there right now and I know that what he's doing is for the greater good! Good luck with everything!