Thursday, January 17, 2008

blogworthy day...

as I sit in bed mentally running through my day I have came to the conclusion that it may be blogworthy (one word, yes. its new. websters will have to catch on.)


after finally regaining some control in my life after having a great conversation with my father last night I started today with a new outlook. 

well, lets recap... actually I had a hard time sleeping because I had a big "meeting" today but I also started to received mid-night... oh noo... it was like a 2am text from a guy who i finally got over. well... i had gotten over him for a while. but then he emailed me at work and even though I tried all day not to email him back I broke down at like 1-2pm and emailed him back to see how his recent "business" trip was going. (he has a very interesting job and I always break down and respond to him to hear about his adventures. trust me, they are pretty interesting.) anyhow, I received the message that he had just gotten back into town and really wanted to see me... at 2am. ummm...no! I simple responded with one sleepy eye open that I had a big "meeting" and needed to go to bed. well his emails continued through the night and they made for some interesting reading this morning when i got to work. 

now to work... and we all know how well that is going these days. i get there early, like normal, in fact almost an hour early and to my surprise my dearest co-worker shows up not too long after me. (side note: my dearest co-worker has also been having some trouble at work and my two "bosses" - and i use the term loosely- have been harping on him about his morning ETA and all else. I gave him the advice that I always use for myself... when in a bad situation at work, get there early, stay late, and bust your balls until it all blows over.) so i was happy to see that he took my advice, one day too late, but all the same. 

this hostile work environment just makes itself worse today. they started nagging about the 45 min "meeting" that I took forgetting about the fact that I get to work an hour early, never take lunch and normally stay late as well. then they harp on me for volunteering for a work event the afternoon. lets take a little look at some numbers... I literally did more work so far this week than all 5 of my co-workers. to make this vague and confusing to everyone... this week our office did 199 projects, 100 of those were mine, the other 99 can be split between the other 5 people. call me crazy and please point out if I am wrong but I think I am earning my keep.

well to make it all worthwhile and to remind myself why I do this... I had a great "meeting" that I pray works out and the event that I helped out with was amazing. Not only did I rub shoulders with some VIPs but I also got to see a VIP, in fact, a very VIP that I know and need to keep in better touch with. (thats on my "to do" list for tomorrow. Its these events that keep me sane.

0 comments: