Wednesday, January 16, 2008

dog eat dog


useless fact: I used to think that this statement was "doggy-dog-world" and it wasnt until I experienced a dog-eat-dog world did I really understand the statement.








There is a disclaimer when you move to the district that if you want a friend... buy a dog. It seems that everyone is out to get you sometimes whether it just be looking out for their own personal interests at any cost or if they are truly out to get you. This is just the way that the city seems to run. In fact, there is an interesting book that just came out... Homo Politicus that sorta hits on this very topic.

Lets review my current situation (both big and small)...

- getting a loan to refinance my car seems to be easier said than done... urgh.

- dealing with co-workers who are a) on a power trip b) not using common sense c) are engaging in a spitting contest (figuratively)... urgh, urgh, urgh.

- two of my roommates have decided to move out and how did they choose to tell me... they didnt. I heard about it from an newsletter posting and a phone call from someone who would like to "check out the room." To go on a little more about this one... I think what hurts the most is that I considered them to be friends and I feel really betrayed by the whole situation... urgh, urgh, urgh!

- I am no fan of relationships and a) an old boyfriend has moved back into town and although I do like hanging out with him I am not ready to get myself into anything here and b) the jerk that I finally have gotten over is slowly making his way back into my life... urgh.

- money is tight and that just always adds frustration... urgh.

- I seem just to be in a sour mood. all of my thoughts are going towards these issues and not to positive things that I am doing with my life. I have found that it is these times of uncertainty that bring me closest to God. There is only so much that you can worry about before you realize that there really isnt that much that you can do about it and you might as well just let Him take the wheel. I feel that He gives us these struggles to remind us of the good and when we are so thick into everything and so upset He gives us a little glimpse of the light. *this may be a story that I will expand upon at a later time.

All 'n all... I see a dog in my future. I sure need a good ol' friend.

0 comments: